CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) No.01/2018
(Recruitment of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technicians)
Date of publication: 03.02.2018. Date & Time of Closing: 05.03.2018 up to 23.59 Hrs.
First stage Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled during April and May, 2018.
Dates for other stages of recruitment process shall be intimated through RRB’s website.
ONLINE applications are invited from eligible candidates for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians. Applications complete in all respect should be submitted ONLINE ONLY before 23.59 hrs of 05.03.2018.
Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date for submitting application. Candidates waiting for results of prescribed educational qualification should not apply.
1) Applications are to be submitted ONLINE through RRB websites listed in Para 19.0 ONLY. One application ONLY is required to be submitted for all the notified posts in this CEN. Any attempt by a candidate to submit more than one application against this CEN shall result in disqualification and debarment.
2) Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application.If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her
application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith.
3) Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment.
4) Scale of pay Level 02 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of `19900/- plus other allowances as admissible.
5) Age(as on 01.07.2018): 18 – 28 Years – Refer para 5.1 for age relaxations.
6) Stages of Exam: There shall be two stages examination (First stage CBT and Second Stage CBT) common for ALP and Technician. In addition , candidates who have opted for ALP and qualified in Second Stage CBT have to undergo Computer Based Aptitude Test (AT). Marks will be normalized in all the stages of exam.
7) Selection of RRB and Preferences for posts: Candidates may please note that the RRB wise, Railway wise vacancies indicated in this CEN are provisional and these may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway administrations. Accordingly, RRBs will publish updated Vacancy Table on their websites indicating the RRB wise vacancies against various Railways/Production units and posts after the completion of First Stage CBT. Candidates who secure marks, equal to or above the Minimum Qualifying Marks prescribed for various communities/categories (refer Para
13.1) in the First Stage CBT shall be advised to exercise their option for RRB and preference of Railways and Posts within the chosen RRB. These candidates may study the updated Vacancy Table and exercise the options ONLINE as per their eligibility (Qualification, Medical Standard etc) for various posts. It may be noted that candidates can choose only one RRB and indicate their preference of Railway Units and posts against vacancies notified for the chosen RRB only.
8) After candidates submit their option for specific RRB/Railway & Posts, RRB wise shortlisting of candidates for Second Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 15 times (may increase or decrease as per the the requirement of Railway Administration) the updated vacancies for that RRB. The short listing for Second Stage CBT will be based on the merit of candidates in First Stage CBT. The RRB wise short listed candidates for Second Stage CBT shall be advised through the websites of RRBs as well as personal communication to the registered mobile number and email to download their e call letter for appearing in the Second Stage CBT.
9) Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in First and Second Stage CBT. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be educted for each wrong answer. There shall be no negative marking for Computer Based Aptitude Test.
10) Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
11) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
12) Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email id and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARDS
13) Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the CEN available on the websites of RRBs. Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs indicated at Para 19.0 of the CEN and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
1.0 GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
1.1 Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidates satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
1.2 Mere issue of e-call letter to the candidates will NOT imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRBs.
1.3 RRBs conduct verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified in all the stages of examinations and are shortlisted for Document Verification. RRBs may reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidate is found to be not fulfilling the requisite criteria and if appointed, such a candidate shall be removed from service summarily.
1.4 Before applying for the post(s) against this notification, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, educational qualification(s) and medical standard(s). Candidates should ensure that they have requisite Technical qualifications from recognized Board/University/Institute as on the date of closure for submission of the application for this CEN. Those awaiting results of the final examination for the prescribed qualification are not eligible and hence should not apply.
1.5 Candidates attempting to apply with minor changes of information and/or facts to submit multiple applications against this CEN will be summarily rejected and such candidates will be debarred from all future examinations of RRB/Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC).
1.6 Candidates who have been debarred by any RRB/RRC either for life or for a specified period which is not completed should NOT apply for this notification. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
1.7 Candidates should enter their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/SSLC/High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate ONLY. In cases of name change, candidates should indicate their changed Name only in the ONLINE application. However, other details should match with the Matriculation or Equivalent certificate. Date of such change (or) application for such change should be prior to the date of submission of ONLINE application. Gazette Notification or any other legal document as applicable for such cases should be submitted at the time of Document
1.8 Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, either in English or Hindi, and must be in running hand writing and not in block/capital or disjointed letters. Signatures in different style or language at the time of CBT, AT and DV etc. (as applicable) may result in cancellation of candidature.
1.9 Dates of examinations will also be published on the websites of participating RRBs. Thereafter, e-call letters for First Stage CBT can be downloaded from the websites of any of the RRBs. However, e-call letters for Second Stage CBT, Computer Based AT and DV (as applicable) should be downloaded ONLY from websites of the RRBs concerned. The exam centre, date and shift indicated in the call letter shall be final.
1.10 Vacancies indicated in the CEN are provisional and may increase or decrease or even may become NIL in total or in specific communities/posts/units at a later stage depending upon the actual needs of the Railway Administration. Additional posts if required by the railway(s) may also be included at later stage. RRBs reserve the right to introduce additional CBTs and/or AT (as applicable), additional DV etc. without assigning any reason. The Railway Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all. In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies the examination fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded except for candidates of exempted categories who have attended the First Stage Examination. Refer para
7.0 for fee exempted categories.
1.11 Selection by RRB does not confer upon candidates any right of appointment in the Railways. The function of the RRB is to recommend names of suitable candidates to the concerned authorities of the Zonal Railway/Production Unit who in turn issue the Offer of Appointment letter subject to availability of vacancies and satisfying all eligibility criteria including antecedents and character.
1.12 Selected candidates for the post of ALP and Technicians will have to undergo training wherever prescribed and during training period only stipend will be paid as applicable.
1.13 Selected candidates have to execute Security and/or Indemnity Bond wherever necessary.
1.14 Ordinarily, a Railway servant shall be employed throughout his/her service on the Railway or Railway establishment to which he/she is posted on first appointment and shall have no claim as a right for transfer to another Railway or another establishment. In the exigencies of service, however, it shall be open to the Competent Authority to transfer the railway servant to any other department or Railway or Railway establishment including a project in or out of India.
1.15 Selected candidates who are finally appointed are liable for active service in Railway Engineers’ Unit of Territorial Army.
CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) No.01/2018 2
1.16 Free Sleeper Class Railway Pass admissible to SC/ST candidates will be part of e-call letter when they are called for various stages of selection viz. CBT/AT / DV (as applicable) as per the details of valid caste certificate furnished in ONLINE application. At the time of obtaining reservation and travelling, the Reservation Clerk and/or Ticket Checking Staff will ask for the original SC/ST community certificate for verification of genuineness of the candidate. Any attempt to misuse this travelling authority shall lead to rejection of candidature at any stage of the selection process including debarment for future
1.17 RRBs reserve the right to incorporate any subsequent changes/ modifications/ additions in the terms & conditions of recruitment under the CEN as necessitated and applicable.
1.18 RRBs may share, with the consent of the candidates, the scores obtained by them in RRB exams with other Ministries/Departments/Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) and Private organizations, for recruitment in their organizations. Candidates may give their consent for the same, or otherwise, in the ONLINE application.
1.19 To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit ONLINE application much before the closing date since there may be a possibility of inability/failure to log on to the website of RRB concerned on account of heavy load on the internet or website during last days. RRBs do not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
The RRB wise summary of provisional vacancies in ALP and various posts of Technicians is furnished below for immediate reference. Further candidates may please note these vacancies may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway Administration. Accordingly, RRBs will publish Updated Vacancy Table again on their websites indicating the RRB wise revised vacancies against various Railways/Production Units and posts after the completion of First Stage CBT. The parameters (Qualification, Medical Standard and Suitability of the post for PWD etc) of various posts included in the CEN is at Annexure Aand the RRB wise post wise vacancy for all the notified posts is at Annexure B.